A Cosmopolitan Cosmology

This is a collaborative arts project based on Sherkin Island, West Cork, Ireland.
From June 21 2009 - December 21 2009 we used pinhole cameras to record solargraph images on the islands of Roaring Water Bay and its environs. Cameras were distributed among the Sherkin Diaspora reaching far and wide. This blog documents the process and solargraphs created. For current work please see my website

some solargraphs

Monday, June 8, 2009

Phew!

From Artist in teh Community 2009


I have just dispatched 60 cans for the Island network of inhabited islands of Ireland. Dan will be at a network meeting on Thursday and can distribute them there. I parceled up 17 cans for posting to the partner Islands in Scotland and Finland. I am still collecting cans, last weekend I started using batch containers used in pharmacies for tablets like generic paracetamol. They are a good size and definitely weatherproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment